1. I know I’m a little behind on responding to comments. I read them all as they’re sent to my inbox, but I haven’t quite had the time to reply to them yet. It will be done!…after my exam tomorrow. (School always comes first…sigh.)
2. Labs are slowly destroying me and any semblance of sanity I have.
Tuesday and Thursday afternoons are my labs (Biochemistry on Tuesdays, Chemistry on Thursdays). Like I briefly mentioned in my WIAW post, Tuesday was a highly unsuccessful, very long lab. And because that’s not enough, I actually had a dream about being in lab.
3. Please let me introduce you to theSkimm.
I’ve turned to theSkimm as my daily news source. It sends you an email every morning with news, both domestic and international (but with a focus on the U.S.–sorry, international folks!) in every-day, completely comprehensible, and more often than not funny and witty language. It makes reading the news a whole ton more fun, and plus, I found out the government shutdown from a source other than Facebook!
*Note – I’m not being compensated in any way to say this. But I do know that trying to stay current with the news can be absolutely exhausting, and it’s made my life easier on the days when I don’t have the (1) time (2) energy or (3) mental capacity to sift through actual news.
4. That awkward moment when you’re looking at your Instagram pic and something looks off.
And then you realize that your button on your shirt is missing.
I lost a button on a different shirt on Saturday when I was running around the city of Houston attempting to get my passport renewed.
Seriously, this is my life.
5. Here’s a picture of Rosie when she was just a wee little puppy.
How scruffy and adorable does she look? AND THAT ITTY BITTY NOSE. I miss this girl so much.
6. I got an electric toothbrush.
I don’t really know what else to say about this except that it feels beautiful and I wish there was no such thing as too much brushing (there is, in case you were wondering–it’ll wear out your enamel!) or else I’d probably be brushing my teeth quite frequently.
7. If you say this isn’t the best meal ever, you’re wrong.
Sugar snap peas, carrots, rice noodles with peanut sauce and tofu, sesame crusted mahi mahi, and a chicken and swiss sandwich on ciabatta bread. Seriously one of the best dinners, if not the best, I’ve ever had here.
8. As I’m typing this, I’m sitting on the edge of my bed with a very nice shirt on that I’ve been wearing all day but no pants. Sometimes, you just need to be pantsless. This is one of those times.
How do you get your news? Facebook’s an acceptable answer. One of my friends made a Twitter account so he could get news without all of his friends’ stuff getting in the way…
Electric vs. manual toothbrush? Sorry these questions are so dumb; my brain’s suffering a lil. BUT IT’S ALMOST THE WEEKEND! (Which just so happens to be a 4 day weekend for me…we have Monday and Tuesday off as our mid-semester break!)